Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Interesting Stuff

A couple of interesting articles I've come across this morning:

  • An interview with Rowan Williams (slightly dodgily transcribed), largely about his views on the C of E. He shows, I think, that he understands the problems with the views and actions of both sides on the homosexuality debate.
  • How Not to Be a Charismatic Headcase is a good commentary on where a lot of modern charismaticism is messing up, written by a charismatic. I've got a lot of sympathy with charismatics, but do wish they wouldn't mess up so badly. Speaking of which, I was reading something interesting on the Montanists, who as far as I can tell seemed to be early (like AD 200) fairly extreme Charismatics...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I belive a lot of pentecostals down the ages have been accused of haveing Montanist tendencies by people who don't like them.